CONSERVATIVE VOICES WITH AN EDGE

WE ARE CONSERVATIVE! WE SPEAK THE TRUTH IN A PRACTICAL AND HONEST FORMAT. WE ACCEPT COMMENTS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE AND FROM ALL PEOPLE - JUST LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. OPEN THE MIND AND USE THIS FORUM TO BEGIN THE AWAKENING.

Open Your Mind and Mouth

Open Your Mind and Mouth

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Serious Political Note - Super Tuesday

I have been closely involved with politics for many years. I graduated with my B.A. in political science and have followed candidates throughout the years with excitement and anticipation. I have voted for Republicans, Conservatives, Liberals, Democrats, and Indie's (go Ross Perot). I am an issue studier, a candidate listener, and a critical thinker. I do not claim to be a political genius, only a political thinker.

Over the years I have felt disgust for many candidates and political figures. I am embarrassed by the Craigs and Clintons of the political world. Nevertheless I have looked at policy positions as my starting point for all candidates. I do look at morals, values, and beliefs, but I begin with policy. I will admit that I believe that Bill Clinton was very good for this country on many issues - he was a moderate and a great communicator. I also believe that on other issues he stunk! That combined with moral problems in the oval office make hime reprehensible to me politically. Even with my disgust over the years I have continued to vote, continued to participate in the political process. I ask questions, I push people's opinions, and test others' knowledge. This, I believe, allows me to hone my opinion and to help others look to the issues.

This year my colleague and I started the Tacit Voice. We wanted to be more involved and to reach a greater audience. We hoped that through humor, wit, creativity, research, opinions, and free speech we could help others form ideas and opinions about the society in which we live. It was intentional to begin the Tacit Voice before the primaries; however, we aim to tackle other topics in our society as well.

So here we are on Super Tuesday. I am a conservative. I believe in the right-to-life issues, in small goverment and free enterprise. I believe in lowering taxes and encouraging people to take care of themselves. I am for education, whether it be private or public. I am for the sanctity of the family and marriage. I believe that America should be a beacon of democracy. I support a free and democratic Isreal. I am for English-only, English as the official language policies. Close the boarders and send the Mexicans back to get into line. I am a conservative and proud of it. I owne my own business and am learing the economics of success. My colleague, I am sure, agrees with all my above comments.

The irony of my life is that my wife and father-in-law are moderate liberals. My wife believes in right-to-choice issues. She wants to end the war and focus on domestic issues. And the list goes on. I still love my wife and we continue to have political debates in our home. She, at times, has convinced me of certain policies, and I have convinced her. That is called political open-mindedness.

So here we are on Super Tuesday. I voted this morning for Mitt Romney. I cast my vote with sadness. Not because he will lose my home state (he won't, I am sure), but because the media, the Republican party, other candidates, and political strategists have created a potential Republican nominee that is NOT right for this country. After my vote I drove to work with an upset stomache - I used to think this country was headed for hell in a handbasket. I believed that the Democrats were taking us there quickly and the Republican slowly. The hope I had in my heart was for a conservative shift in this country - a shift that would bring the morals and values of Reagan back. Now I believe that the media and the establishment has created a Democratic party on both the left and the right. We have a true Democrat party and and Republicrat party. The conservative Republican is on a path of demise. And I credit this fall in 2008 to the following four things:

The Media: It used to be that the media reported the news, not made the news. We used to call making the news "yellow news". Today we call it the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the Post, Review, and Gazette. We call it CNN, MSNBC, and FOX. The media has done more for the destruction of this country than any other institution. Take the war for example. It used to be the NY Times would report on the war in Europe. They would explain the battles and the missions. Now the NY Times comments on the war. They tell use what we should believe. They editorialize their positions. The media does not listen to the people - the media tells the people to listen to them. Shame on the media, whether they be liberal or conservative. Report it, not make it up.

Endorsements: I can understand why a person wants to endorse a candidate. I am not opposed to such behavior. But when I see Bob Dole telling me that John McCain is a conservative I want to throw up. That is the biggest load of bull-crap I have ever heard. I can see Arnold endorsing McCain; they are both liberal. But give me a break - let's not endorse the candidate who is going to win just because you want to get in good with that person (just in case they do win). James Dobson does not support McCain. Why? Because McCain is against a marriage amedment, he does not support right-to-life isssues, and he has supported legislation that hurts freedom of speech. Endorse a candidate all you want, but do it based on issues not popularity. Look at John Edwards - waiting until he sees who is going to win before he throws in his support. That's bull-crap! And that leads to my next point of contention.

Conservative Talk Radio: Rush, Laura, Sean, Medved, Bill, Savage, and Glenn LISTEN UP! You talk to millions each day. People listen to your opinions and analyses of the issues and the candidates. We all know you are conservative. You are all Reagan conservatives. We trust you for your honest and open dialogue. So why wait until the morning of the election or a couple of days before to support a candidtate. It makes me think that Hilary in office is better for you, so you keep your mouth shut long enough to get McCain voted in. I have heard Laura, Sean, Rush, Savage, and Glenn all back Mitt for the right reasons, but I heard it all in the past three days. Do you realize that if you explicitly supported a candidate months ago we would have the true conservative in office. Please be who you are - the conservative voice that guides America. If not, then give me the microphone and allow me to support the Reagan conservative. I won't wait until the race is nearly over.

Mike Huckabee: This only applies to 2008 Republican primaries. Mike Huckabee, you are an ass. You KNOW that you will not win the Republican nomination and yet you stay in the fight. You take conservative votes away from Mitt Romney, the only viable conservative candidate. You are also pandering to Mr. McCain for a spot in the veep circle. Don't you relaize that you are supporting a right-to-choice candidate who does not support small government, free speech, and lowering taxes? You are also allowing the Democrats to literally run into the White House. You are stupider than a brick and I am disgusted by your antics. My only hope and dream is that Mitt wins CA and moves on while you return to Hope, AR and eat yourself back to 300 lbs. Get out of the race.

So here we are on Super Tuesday. I am sick to my stomach and the potential death on the conservative right for a period of time. Maybe I should join the conservative talkshow hosts and hope for Hilary. Maybe then will this website grow over the next 4 years. We'll see what happens by midnight!! Good luck Mitt. Hey at least you won MA and UT and CA is not a winner-take-all state. Get some rest!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Medved has really gone far to the left on this issue. When something like this happens you look for a reason. Perhaps he plans to get a job in a McCain administration.

I hate to bring this up but when you look to possible motivations I have found this. Medved’s father lives in Israel. John McCain gets strong support from AIPAC.

Check this picture.

http://www.aipac.org/about_AIPAC/index_1906.asp

Now I in general am supportive of Israel. But Israel isn’t America. Israel is a foreign country. And we should never, ever put any foreign country’s interest above our own, and I fear by having tied ourselves so closely to Israel we have. Now again this isn’t an attack on Israel. We should never tie ourselves to ANY country as closely as we have tied ourselves to Israel.

Now I hate to think it, but could Medved’s support of McCain come from the close relationship AIPAC has with John McCain? I believe it’s something we should at least think about.

Tacit Voice said...

Thanks for the info. I will pass it along and do a little more research along these lines. Nevertheless I can understand how connections all of sudden mean endorsements - just look at Donny and Marie Osmond for Mitt.

Look for more on this topic in the future.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I agree with you completely. It's like i have been saying all along, that McCain and Huckabee are the best things that ever happened to the Democratic party. The reason: they are idiots!! However, because they are such popular idiots (McCain at least), they are drawing the votes away from the one candidate that would actually give the Democrats a run for their money - Mitty! Thank you McCain and thank you even more to Huckabee who is kissing McCain's you know what to get in good. LOOSERS!! but just what we needed to get Hilary in the white house. We couldn't have asked for more.

-Wanda

Anonymous said...

You are on fire!!! Keep it up, Carlo.