CONSERVATIVE VOICES WITH AN EDGE

WE ARE CONSERVATIVE! WE SPEAK THE TRUTH IN A PRACTICAL AND HONEST FORMAT. WE ACCEPT COMMENTS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE AND FROM ALL PEOPLE - JUST LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. OPEN THE MIND AND USE THIS FORUM TO BEGIN THE AWAKENING.

Open Your Mind and Mouth

Open Your Mind and Mouth

Friday, February 1, 2008

National Association for the Advancement of . . . Oh, Just Read Below

I noticed in the news today (and a couple of times last week as well) that the NAACP was getting involved or making statements. It got me thinking . . . National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. That is a funny name. See, we are not allowed to call Black people "colored" but the organization is. Why don't they call themselves NAAAAP (N-quadruple A-P) for the National Assoc. for the Advancement of African-American People? Furthermore, are all people of color advanced through this historied organization? I mean, are Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexicans, Cubans, and Southern Europeans all represented equally in the NAACP? I looked on their website and it seemed to me that a more representative name SHOULD be NAAAAP (for obvious reasons).

That really got me thinking. There is a Black Coaches Kickoff Classic college football game each year. There is a Black Coaches Association. There is African-American month (or is it Black Month or Colored Month - and when is it anyway). Man, after looking around on Google for a few minutes I was shocked - the black community has a corner on everything. Ebony Magazine, BET, Black Family Channel, the BET Awards, and the list goes on.

DISCLAIMER (or SPOILER): For those of you who read my blog a lot are probably not surprised when I tell you that I am a white, protestant, male - just thought you should know. Now, I am not advocating magazines ONLY meant for white people, or a TV network and associated awards ONLY for white people, or a White Coaches Kickoff Classic football game. I think that would be a bit over the line a called racist. However, I am seriously going to look into creating a national organization called NAAWG (N-double A-W-G) or the National Association for the Advancement of White Guys. See this is simple - the most discriminated population in America today is . . . drum roll please . . . the WHITE PROTESTANT MALE! You laugh. Open any scholarship book at Barns and Nobles. There are scholorships for Hispanics, Blacks, Women, Cubans, Greeks, Chinese, Jews, Muslims, and the list goes on. Now look under the category in the book entitled "Scholarships for Whites" or "Scholarships for Males". Are they there? NO. So here it is . . . National Association for the Advancement of White Guys. I will use the Fighting Whities logo - but change it to blue (red looks to Native American - I'm kidding).

Now that I have your attention, think for a moment how my audacity makes you feel. Are you ticked that I would try to advance myself because of my race or sex? Sure you are. But the world - well mostly our country - gives a free pass to others based on their race or sex. Hell, this country not only gives a free pass to these people, but at times the media and government listens to these groups when they may only make up less than 1% of the total population.

Put this in perspective. Becasue Mitt Romney is running for president I will use him as an example. Lets say that Mormons (who make up less than 2% of the American population, decided to storm Washington with legislation asking for polygamy to be legal. Imagine they were allowed by the goverment to have a Polygamy Rights Day parade each year. Imagine if they created coalitions for Polygamy Rights. The country would laugh. The country would immediately tell them to sit down, shut up, and quite fighting for rights based on Mormon habit and traditions. So then, why does the country not say the same to the GLB population (they make up less than 1% of the population)? They have their months, their parades, their coalitions. It is a double standard. Now I am not advocating a pro-polygamy group - one wife is enough, but the point still stands.

So mark it on your calanders - February 1, 2008 is the first day of NAAWG. We also now brand February "White Guy" month, mostly because of all the snow that is white also.

2 comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

http://www.diversitycentral.com/heritage_month.html

This link will tell you what each Heritage month is. Notice there is no White Heritage month assigned yet. I see a few openings.

I think if Gays and Lesbos can have a whole month to themselves (not to mention the fact that it is my anniversary month - that sort of ticks me off) then why not the heterosexuals? July sounds good for both white month and heterosexual month. Afterall, our nation was founded by a bunch of white heterosexuals and July is the month we celebrate our nations independence (or is that the month we support all the drunks, I mean American Indians by buying their illegal fireworks, or maybe we are supporting the movie industry by seeing their big summer July 4th release film; I'm not sure exactly). None the less, I am all in favor of advancing my once powerful, yet somehow forgetton race.

PS Ok, my drunk/American Indian comment may have been a little harsh. But hey, the truth hurts.

Anonymous said...

I have been saying this forever - if the white community had an awards night for ONLY whites - can you imagine the cruxification we would endure. Why isn't it racist that the blacks have all of these nights, months, and organizations? It's so backwards. Can't they see that?