CONSERVATIVE VOICES WITH AN EDGE

WE ARE CONSERVATIVE! WE SPEAK THE TRUTH IN A PRACTICAL AND HONEST FORMAT. WE ACCEPT COMMENTS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE AND FROM ALL PEOPLE - JUST LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. OPEN THE MIND AND USE THIS FORUM TO BEGIN THE AWAKENING.

Open Your Mind and Mouth

Open Your Mind and Mouth

Saturday, December 1, 2007

On A Serious Note. Really!

I have come to the conclusion that there are two things in the world that are totally and completely unacceptable, and I feel motivated to encourage all Americans (the slothful nation) to discover ways to cut the following two attributes from our lives:

#1 - People are not grateful for the little things they have in life. This is a big one for me. I am always refreshed by people who love what they have, take care of what they have, and expect nothing more. This time of year, Christmas, is the time when I see the most ungratefulness from people. Folks expect that Santa will come for them. They feel entitled to receive gifts from people who surround them. There are those that see a pile of gifts under the tree and ask, "Where are the rest of them?" Shouln't this be the time of year when we are grateful for the sacrifice of our Lord? Was it not good enough to wake up Christmas morning and look AT the tree to be reminded that he died on a tree for us? IS THAT NOT ENOUGH? Please be grateful for what you do have, because the reality is that if you are reading this you have a computer with Internet and probably a roof over your head and you probably ate dinner tonight. Do we have to remind you of Maslow's hierarchy? Just remember this Christmas morning that we shouldn't expect gifts, we are not entitled to have a visit from Santa, becasue Jesus already gave us the path to salvation and true peace.

#2 - People who cannot take responsibility for their actions. Is is just me or are we surrounded by victims? I am getting sick and tired of people blaming others for their choices, mistakes, and problems. I have no problem if you blame others (including God) for your successes, but let's all take credit for our own issues. It is not your mom's' fault that you didn't get the job, when you are 45 years old. It is not the police officer's fault that you were speeding and didn't sign the ticket (getting tasered isn't fun, is it?). It is not the teacher's fault that you acted up in class and got caught. Parents - don't make excuses for your kids either. If your kids didn't do their homework, it is not the teacher's fault because he/she gave too much. Did you ever think that you should take responsibility for your own flesh and blood? Imagine what this world would become if we were quick to give credit when we succeed and slow to blame when we fail. Maybe I should coin that phrase - BE QUICK TO GIVE CREDIT WHEN SUCCESS FINDS YOU AND SLOW TO BLAME WHEN YOU FIND FAILURE.

The moral of the story, suck it up and take responsility for yourself and be grateful for what comes based on the choices you make. That's it, I'm done!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a not so serious note - I love having things and getting rid of things that I don't use or want. Why the heck should I keep all of those "things" around if I don't need them. I spend a considerable amount of money on "things" that I know I neither need or will use, but what the heck - I have the money and I like to spend it. And when it comes to gratitude, give me a break! I have one person to be grateful to and that's myself! Who else matters - I provide WELL for myself and buy whatever the hell I want! Do I waste money and resources - heck yeah I do! What else is there in life, but to work your butt off, spend what you have, waste time and money enjoying it, and be grateful to those that deserve it - MYSELF!!!

Anonymous said...

PS - not only do I spend money on things I don't need, I drive an ENORMOUS SUV that guzzles more gas than most people use in a lifetime. Oh yeah - my windows and doors stay open as much as possible and the lights in my house are continually on. Resources are for my enjoyment, forget everyone else and the "global warming" thing!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle thought that you would like this because your such a supporter of the Republican Party... Goooooo Mitt

Father/Daughter Talk

A young woman was about to finish her first year of
college. Like so many others her age, she considered
herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very
much in favor of "the redistribution of wealth."

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather
staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed.
Based on the lectures that she had participated in,
and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt
that her father had for years harbored an evil,
selfish desire to keep what he thought should be
his.

One day she was challenging her father on his
opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the
addition of more government welfare programs. The
self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her
professors had to be the truth and she indicated so
to her father. He responded by asking how she was
doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she
had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to
maintain, insisting that she was taking a very
difficult course load and was constantly studying,
which left her no time to go out and party like
other people she knew. She didn't even have time for
a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college
friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your
friend Audrey doing?"

She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she
takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she
barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus;
college for her is a blast. She's always invited to
all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even
show up for classes because she's too hung over."

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you
go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0
off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has
a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and
certainly that
would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's
suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be
fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I've
invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work!
Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree.
She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently,
"Welcome to the Republican party."